https://boylebrothersenergy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/winter-is-coming.jpg 480 640 Seamus Cummins https://boylebrothersenergy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/website-emails11.png Seamus Cummins2016-12-20 01:27:352017-01-30 21:05:42Winter is Coming!
The Farmer’s Almanac is predicting a cold winter, here are some tips to help save on energy bills this winter.
- Lower the thermostat – Each degree you lower the thermostat could reduce your fuel bill.
- Close the Flue – An open fireplace damper lets the warm air escape just like an open window would. Even when you have a fire going it feels warm by the fire but cold air is pulled into your house elsewhere
- Make sure your vents and registers are not covered up by furniture- Be sure to check all of your furniture placement, you may have moved a couch in the summer when it did not matter much but now it will make a difference.
- Adjust your water heater – We use more hot water in the winter so lower the temperature a bit and take more showers than baths.
- Get a tune up on your system by a Boyle Energy professional – This preventative maintanence will help your equipment to last longer and be more efficient.