If you live in an area where it gets chilly in the winter, you would definitely appreciate having a dependable source of heating in your home. No one likes to shiver in their own home, after all. One of the most efficient methods for homeowners to heat their homes is using an oil boiler furnace. However, there is one drawback in utilizing an oil furnace: it must be maintained on a regular basis.
Do you own an oil furnace and are tired of wondering, “How often should an oil furnace be serviced?” If that’s the case, we’ve got the answers that might help you. On a good note, there are a few benefits that come along with a regularly checked furnace. Continue reading to learn more!
1. Enhanced Efficiency: With daily usage, your furnace suffers a great deal of wear and tear. It pulls in chilly air, warms it, and forces the hot air into the ductwork, where it is distributed around the room. This entire procedure may cause the filter to clog over time. To maintain efficiency, furnaces must be cleaned on a regular basis to ensure adequate airflow and a reduction in the time it takes to heat the oil.
2. Preserved Warranty: If your furnace is covered by a warranty, it must be serviced on a regular basis. If you do not do so, the warranty may be voided. You may then be required to pay for any repairs that were meant to be covered.
3. Longer Lifespan: Regular maintenance extends the life of your furnace by several years. If you put off furnace repairs for financial reasons, keep in mind that it may cost you more money in the long run. Maintenance is the only method to ensure that you have consistent performance.
Maintenance professionals usually have a protocol to ensure that all of the necessary aspects of service are covered. Here are some of the things you can expect from a standard furnace inspection and cleaning.
- Checking the thermostat settings to ensure that the system is working correctly
- Inspecting electrical connections and testing voltage on system components to prevent future component failure
- Lubricating moving parts
- Examining the condensate drain for blockage
How often should these check ups happen?
As recommended by the HVAC professionals, an oil furnace service needs to be done annually. If you run an oil furnace during both the fall and spring seasons, do consider servicing it twice a year. To be ready for the winter season, you will need to make sure you service your oil furnace before the season starts.
According to home guides, an oil furnace has a normal lifespan of 25 years. However, factors like location, consumption, and maintenance may all have an influence on the longevity of an oil furnace. If you’re a DIY kind of a person, the maintenance and servicing of oil furnaces involves some complexity. Hence taking the help of technicians from a trusted HVAC company would be reliable. Contact Boyle Energy immediately for professional standard services to maintain the heating and cooling systems of your home! If you think that maintenance is a time taking process, always remember “A stitch in time saves nine!”