It’s officially the season of cold nights, warm blankets, and hot chocolate. We’re sure that you might be considering the most cost-effective and efficient means of heating your house. It’s a good idea to think about some fuel options as well as different strategies to make your home more energy-efficient.
One such option could be buying heating oil. Heating oil is extracted from Crude oil through a distillation technique used to split crude oil into discrete “fractions” during the refining process. Gasoline, kerosene, jet fuel, diesel, and home heating oil are produced from the intermediate distillates.
When heating your house with heating oil, you can obviously expect to use more heating fuel oil in the coldest months of the year. This is because the cold outside air is constantly removing the heat from your house through the windows, walls, and roof. As this heat transfer occurs, the furnace or boiler has to work overtime to keep the inside of the house warm. Hence, this is considered a valid alternative for natural gas as well. Also, winter is the season when the demand for the commodity is high.
Here are some benefits of heating oil that might help you in making the right choice for your home heating.
- During the winter, almost 18 million American households rely on heating oil to keep their homes warm.
- Heating oil is an environmentally friendly fuel. In fact, newer oil-fueled home heating systems produce almost no pollutants while burning more effectively. Some modern oil-fired heating systems have efficiency ratings of up to 95%.
- Homeowners can minimize the number of cleanings and maintenance visits for their heating equipment each year by burning clean fuel.
- Heating oil is now cheaper than it was 20 years ago when inflation is taken into account. Oil heating costs are 2.5 to 5.5 times less than electric heating costs on average. Furthermore, homeowners who heat using oil-based systems pay less on average than those who heat with natural gas.
- Inhaling oil vapors is not lethal, and the risk of carbon monoxide entering your house from using heating oil is quite minimal.
If you’re looking for a heating oil supplier this winter, Boyle Energy is here to cover your needs with a variety of oil plans, delivery, and payment options.
Our Philadelphia based Heating oil company extends its services in and around Havertown, Delaware and Newtown Square PA. To keep your house warm, you can either contact us for a speedy delivery or subscribe to the automatic delivery plan.
After all, who doesn’t want to have a cozy winter!