The Amana® brand
As the innovative manufacturer behind the world’s first walk-in cooler and the Radarange® microwave oven, the Amana brand has long been an American institution. And the same commitment to quality and innovation behind Amana brand home appliances goes into Amana brand heating and air conditioning equipment. In fact, we design, engineer, and manufacture all Amana brand heating and cooling systems with the goal of becoming the standard-bearers for premium performance, long lasting reliability, and a great match for your specific indoor comfort needs.
We carry the following Amana products: Heat Pumps, Air Conditioners, Gas Furnaces, Thermostats, Humidifiers, and Air Cleaners
- ComfortNet™ Communications System compatible
- Two-stage Copeland® UltraTech™ scroll compressor
- R-410A chlorine-free refrigerant
- Expanded Copeland ComfortAlert™ diagnostics
- High-density foam compressor sound blanket
- High- and low-pressure switches
- Factory-installed filter drier
- Diagnostic indicator lights and storage of six fault codes
- Color-coded terminal strip for non-communicating set-up
- Coil and ambient temperature sensors
- Two-speed quiet condenser fan motor
- AHRI certified; ETL listed
If the heat pump system in your home is the primary source for heating and cooling your home, you may want to choose one that offers enhanced performance and reliability features. Several important factors are included below:
4. Accumulator — Designed to protect the heat pump compressor from the damage of liquid refrigerant flood-back conditions, an accumulator stores excess liquid refrigerant and only allows refrigerant vapor to enter the compressor. Basically, the accumulator acts as a storage vessel. By storing and converting outlet refrigerant to a vapor, the accumulator protects against long-term damage to the compressor commonly called ‘slugging’.
How the tubes in a tubular heat exchanger are bent is critical. Some designs simply bend the tubing, thus stretching the metal on the outside of the tube while compressing the metal on the inside. Our unique process carefully forms the tubing to create precisely placed wrinkles to reduce the likelihood of weak points in the metal. And the wrinkles have an added benefit: they cause turbulence inside the tube, forcing more heat to the tube walls for even greater efficiency.
DUAL-DIAMETER TUBING With dual-diameter tubing, heat transfer is maximized. As hot gases pass from the larger to the smaller diameter tube, the velocity of the gas increases. This helps to ensure the best possible heat transfer to the home.
MUFFLER JOINT TECHNOLOGY Where the tubes are joined together and to the vestibule panel, the Million-Air Heat Exchanger takes advantage of the properties of thermal expansion. The larger tube is drawn to a smaller diameter and fitted inside the smaller tube. During operation, the larger tube is hotter, and the joint actually becomes more solid. The same principle is employed where the tubes are joined to the vestibule panel.
The Amana® brand programmable and non-programmable Digital Thermostats work with Amana® brand heating and cooling systems, and are compatible with a variety of accessories.
Touchscreen Thermostats Digital Thermostats
Touchscreen Digital Thermostats
- Large 12 sq. in. touch-screen display
- Universal: choice of 7 day, 5/1/1 day programmable or non-programmable
- Dehumidification controls
- Universal dual-powered: choice of battery-powered or hard-wired with battery back-up
- Selectable energy management recovery
- Up to 4 heating and 2 cooling programmable options
- Call-for-Service diagnostic indicator
- Compressor lock-out protection
- Remote sensing indoor/outdoor
- Heat pump compatible
- Large easy-to-read back-lit display
- Can be configured for programmable or non-programmable mode
- Variety of programmable outputs available
- Can be configured for manual or auto-changeover
- LED indicator glows green or red to indicate cooling or heating
- Dehumidification controls
- Service filter and UV light indicator
- Fahrenheit or Celsius display
- Non-Volatile memory
- Keypad lock
- up to 99.97% efficient at removing particles as small as 0.3 micron
- Carbon pre-filter protects the HEPA filter while removing odors, lint, hair and larger particles
- up to 99.97% HEPA media filter removes particles as small as 0.3 micron (1/84,000 of an inch) and larger
- Two UVC germicidal lights enclosed in an anodized UV reflector to intensify UV rays
- The UVC light and CinQuartz® Photo-Catalytic Oxidation (PCO) filter decompose organic materials into basic molecules such as H2O and CO2.
- Carbon/Potassium Permanganate final filter for removal of VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and light gases
- Motor delivers up to 250 CFM of pure air, without adding static pressure to the HVAC system
- Powder-coat paint finish
- One-piece steel cabinet wrap
- Exclusive US market distributor